We have an exciting opportunity for a Ruby developer who is passionate about cutting-edge backend solutions. This is a key role that will allow you to have a big impact on the entire application. Ideally you have experience building advanced backend applications and you love Ruby on Rails!
Your technical skill set is important. However, we will choose based on your personality, attitude and desire to grow your skills.
Why Sofomo? Sofomo is one of the best places to work for ambitious developers in Poland! We’re not a typical software house with hundreds of devs with boring maintenance projects. We’re a small family of 50+ experienced and friendly developers. We work with some of the most innovative companies in Silicon Valley & Europe from cryptocurrency to IoT, augmented reality and more.
We value innovation, creativity, personality, teamwork and learning new things every day.
Sounds interesting? Are you ready to join us? We’ve been waiting for you. Join the Sofomo team!
- Ownership - You will have ownership over your development and propose technical solutions.
- Learning - You will learn new technologies, frameworks, etc. every day.
- Solution Design - You won’t be just taking tasks. This job involves actual design, architecting and implementation.
- Agile Approach - You will work collaboratively with other team members in an agile, Scrum way.
- Ruby Development - Develop innovative features and functionality in Rails.
- Ruby Development - Develop microservice backed services and integrate them with various parts of the system (including front-end).
- Ruby Development - Build and support testable Ruby modules that meet performance and supportability guidelines.
- Ruby Development - Optimize the back-end logic for speed and scalability.
- Ruby Development - Collaborating on data architecture and implementations using MongoDB, Redis, Elasticsearch, and other NoSQL databases.
- Experience with consuming and building RESTful web-services.
- Experience designing and developing highly scalable consumer facing web applications.
- Strong experience in server-side programming.
- Proficiency working with database systems such as MySQL, MongoDB, Oracle, and/or PostgreSQL.
- Proven ability to build efficient, testable, and reusable Ruby modules.
- Strong communication and problem solving skills.
- Solutions-oriented thinking; always looking for the smart/best solution to a problem.